If you’re looking for a dish that will come together in a breeze and impress your guests, this short rib recipe is for you!
3 lbs. short ribs
1 tbsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. smoked cherry salt
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 ½c. carrots, chopped
2 c. pearl onions, peeled
2 c. celery, chopped
3 c. vegetable broth
1 c. water
½ c. dry red wine
10 fresh thyme sprigs
1/3 c. parsley, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 logs of polenta
- ½ c. milk
- ¼ c. mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Pat the short ribs dry with a paper towel, then generously season each side with salt, smoked cherry salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and add the short ribs.
- Cook on each side until light brown, then remove from the heat and place the short ribs in the slow cooker.
- Next, add the chopped carrots, pearl onions and celery to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, water and red wine.
- Finally, season with thyme sprigs, parsley, minced garlic, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Stir to combine, then cover the slow cooker with the lid.
- Set the slow cooker to cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Add the polenta logs to a large pot with the milk.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the polenta until smooth.
- Stir in the cheese and seasonings.
- Serve the short ribs over the polenta.