It doesn’t get more American than apple pie with delicious Granny Smith apples!
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 60 minutes | Yield: 8 servings
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. cane sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. unsalted butter
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F and grease a pie pan.
2. Place one of the prepared pie circles in the pie pan and press down.
3. Place the peeled and sliced apples in a large bowl.
4. Add the brown sugar, cane sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
5. Toss to combine, then add the butter to a large saucepan over medium heat.
6. Once the butter has melted, add the spiced apples.
7. Cook the apples for 15 minutes until softened.
8. Then, allow the apples to cool for 5 minutes before pouring over the pie crust.
9. Place the other pie circle on top and pinch the crust together.
10. Cut any excess off of the edges, then make a slit in the center of the pie.
11. Finally, whisk together the egg and milk.
12. Brush the top of the pie with the egg wash before placing in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
13. Once the crust is golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.