Introducing Game Day’s newest hit! Think pizza, but even more shareable. Serve it alongside marinara sauce for dipping, and you’ve got yourself the perfect party food.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes | COOK TIME: 20 minutes | YIELD AMOUNT: 10 servings
- 1 medium-sized loaf of bread, unsliced
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 c. low-moisture shredded mozzarella
- 1 c. pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. marinara sauce
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
TOMATO-GARLIC OIL INGREDIENTS
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Set aside.
- Place bread on a cutting board. Without slicing all the way through, make 7 evenly-spaced vertical cuts. Rotate the bread 90 degrees, and make 7 additional, evenly-spaced cuts to create a grid pattern.
- Using your fingers to separate the sections of bread, spoon filling into the cavity of each slice. Evenly disperse the filling amongst the gaps in the bread until all the filling has been used.
- Place the bread on top of a piece of aluminum foil, and fold up the bottom corners to protect the loaf. Place another piece of aluminum foil over the top of the bread, and cover tightly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato-garlic oil. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Lightly fry the garlic, tomato paste and red pepper flakes until fragrant and garlic is lightly golden, constantly stirring to create a smooth mixture. Remove from heat to cool.
- Once the cheese has melted, take the bread out of the oven. Carefully remove the top piece of tin foil. Using a pastry brush, brush the flavored oil evenly over the crust of the bread. Sprinkle evenly with half of the Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes until the Parmesan is golden and slightly crisp.
- Remove from the oven. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese and chopped basil. Serve immediately with your favorite tomato sauce for dipping.