3 lbs. short ribs
1 tbsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. smoked cherry salt
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 ½c. carrots, chopped
2 c. pearl onions, peeled
2 c. celery, chopped
3 c. vegetable broth
1 c. water
½ c. dry red wine
10 fresh thyme sprigs
1/3 c. parsley, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 logs of polenta
- ½ c. milk
- ¼ c. mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. pepper
Pat the short ribs dry with a paper towel, then generously season each side with salt, smoked cherry salt and pepper.
2. Add the olive oil to a large pan and add the short ribs.
3. Cook on each side until light brown, then remove from the heat and place the short ribs in the slow cooker.
4. Next, add the chopped carrots, pearl onions and celery to the slow cooker.
5. Pour in the vegetable broth, water and red wine.
6. Finally, season with thyme sprigs, parsley, minced garlic, garlic powder and onion powder.
7. Stir to combine, then cover the slow cooker with the lid.
8. Set the slow cooker to cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Add the polenta logs to a large pot with the milk.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the polenta until smooth.
- Stir in the cheese and seasonings.
- Serve the short ribs over the polenta.