- 2 c. black rice, cooked
- 1½ c. butternut squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ c. walnuts, toasted and chopped
- ½ c. pomegranate seeds
- ¼ c. sliced green onions
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- Pinch of salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice the butternut squash into 1” peeled cubes.
3. Add the squash to a bowl and season with the olive oil, paprika, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
4. Cook for 40 minutes, then add to a large bowl with the cooked black rice.
5. Next, add the toasted walnuts, pomegranate seeds and green onions.
1. In a mason jar or glass, add the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
2. Use a fork or small whisk to mix together until smooth.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and enjoy!