- 1¹⁄₃ c. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ c. coconut oil, melted
- ½ c. cane sugar
- ¼ c. light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
1. In a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the coconut oil, cane sugar and brown sugar.
3. Then, add the egg and vanilla extract to the wet ingredients.
4. Use the electric mixer to combine the ingredients before adding in the dry ingredients.
5. Beat the ingredients to thoroughly combine, then fold in the chips.
6. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
7. After 1 hour, preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 large baking sheets.
8. Next, use a medium-sized cookie scoop to place the dough on the prepared baking sheets.
9. Bake for 10 minutes, then place a piece of dark chocolate on top of each cookie and allow to bake for another minute until melted.
10. Remove from the oven and top with flaky sea salt.