- 1¾ c. gluten-free baking flour
- 1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1½ c. cane sugar
- ½ c. unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2-3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and xanthan gum.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the sugar and butter together for 1 minute until fluffy
4. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, beating for 20 seconds in between.
5. Then, pour in the vanilla extract to the wet ingredients and mix together.
6. Pour in the dry ingredients one third at a time, mixing between.
7. Once the ingredients are thoroughly combined, use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop the dough into balls.
8. Then, drop the dough into the powdered sugar and use a spoon to coat the dough in the sugar.
9. Finally, place the cookie on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the dough.
10. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.