- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. light brown sugar
- ½ c. unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ c. molasses
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ c. cane sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar, butter and molasses for 2 minutes with an electric mixer until fluffy.
4. Next, add the egg and mix for 30 seconds, then add the vanilla extract and mix for another 30 seconds.
5. Then, slowly sift in the dry ingredients, beating between until combined.
6. Use your hands to roll the dough into 2” balls, then roll each ball in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
7. Repeat with the rest of the dough, then bake for 12 minutes.