Did you know that the Honeycrisp apple is known for its bright red exterior and juicy interior? This apple, while sweet, also has a touch of acidity that makes it the perfect apple to throw into any salad!
2 c. fresh spinach
1 c. quinoa, cooked and cooled
1 Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
1 avocado, diced
₁⁄₃ c. goat cheese
1/4 c. pecans or walnuts
1/4 c. red onion, julienned
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp. honey
Salt and pepper to taste
Tip: Place the sliced red onion in ice water for 10 minutes to temper the bold flavors.
1. Wash and add the fresh spinach to a large bowl with the cooked and cooled quinoa.
2. Next, cut thin slices of the Honeycrisp apple and add them to the bowl.
3. Then, add the avocado, goat cheese, nuts and red onion.
4. To make the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad and then toss to combine all of the ingredients.